Friday, December 11, 2009

dryer & flashlight revealed.




I get these feelings every so often that really put a pit in my stomach. It's like somethings off or somethings going to happen and the moment it,whatever it is,happens then the pit in my stomach goes away. It's not that it's anything dangerous or bad per say it's just I've never had the feeling about something good or exciting. I think it's God preparing me loud and clear? Craig's always given me a bad time like it's a lucky shot,but I think after this incident he's a believer.

So a few nights ago we were in the kitchen turning off the lights getting ready to head to our bedroom for bed. I had 'the feeling' and grabbed the flashlight out from under the sink. Craig laughed and asked why I was grabbing it. I told him I didn't know but that I think we may need it due to a power outage. He LAUGHED! No power outage happened that night or the next.

A couple days later, I bought some parts for my dryer and put the thing back together during the day but left the top lid off so when Craig got off work we could turn it on and see the drum rolling over the new pads to make sure the pads wouldn't fall off. Woohoo my dryer works again!! He struggled with putting the top surface back on and ended up having to take the back part,with all the buttons,off and as he did he leaned it back and the wires hit the metal (he forgot to unplug it after our test run) and a huge spark lit and knocked the power off.

power outage!!

The pit in my stomach disappeared an although it would have been very convenient to have the flashlight under the kitchen sink where it was in the first place,since the laundry room is roughly 3 ft from the kitchen,I knew where it was. Unfortunately I didn't have candles in place,so the dark trek down the hall to my bedroom into the pitch black bathroom trying to remember where I put it wasn't fun. By the time I got back to the kitchen Craig found the breaker box in the laundry room and turned it back on.

The important part of the story is that he no longer calls me crazy and embraces my 'odd feelings'. Ha! :)

What would you call 'the feeling's I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment